If you are considering purchasing and installing a forced air system in your Dallas home or business, you can contact us at K&S Heating and Air and one of our professional and friendly technicians will be more than happy to assist you. Forced air systems are one of the most popular choices in the United States and below we will discuss three of the most important factors about forced air systems that you should know.
- How Forced Air Systems Work
The first thing about forced air systems is to understand how they work. The system utilizes a furnace or heat pump to warm up the air and then distribute it throughout the home through ductwork and vents. The thermostat monitors the temperature and once the desired temperature has been met, cold air from inside of the home is pulled into the forced air system where it is passed through an air filter, removing pollutants and allergens.
The cleansed air is then blown through an air handler where it is warmed through the furnace’s heat source and then distributed throughout the home through the ducts from a blower motor. If your home uses a heat pump as its primary heat source, it will immediately begin extracting heat out of the outside air at the outdoor unit. This air will pass through refrigerant lines that go into your home and then through the air handler and into the ductwork. The process is then repeated until the desired temperatures are met within the home.
- Forced Air System Pros
There are multiple beneficial features with forced air systems. A few of these benefits are as follows:
- Indoor Air Quality – As long as you maintain the system, specifically the filters, a forced air system will improve the indoor air quality in the home. Filters in forced air systems help by trapping allergens and other airborne pollutants that can trigger allergies and / or make you and your family sick. You can also add dehumidifier or humidifier units to the system to help control the humidity levels in your home.
- Efficiency – It is required that all new forced air systems operate at higher efficiency levels. Efficiency ratings ensure that the system will heat the home efficiently, without wasting energy and increasing the costs of operation.
- Combined Heating & Cooling – Forced air systems are the only HVAC system that can combine heating and cooling. The ductwork that is used for heating can also be used to distribute central air conditioning throughout a home.
- The Cons of Forced Air Systems
There is not many disadvantages to using a forced air system for your home. These disadvantages are few, but below is a few of the more popular disadvantages.
- Uneven Air Distribution – Forced air systems rely on ductwork and vents in order to distribute the conditioned air into rooms. If these vents are blocked for example rooms my heat or cool unevenly.
- Unhealthy Environment – If the system is not maintained routinely and the filters changed out rather frequently it can create an unhealthy environment from airborne particles such as dust, pollen, bacteria and other germs.
- Noise Levels – One of the biggest drawbacks with forced air systems is the level of noise with operating one. Every time the system kicks on, you will hear the fans turning and the air being expelled through the vents.
Our Cooling Services
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Systems
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air
When you choose to use K&S Heating & Air for your forced air system needs you can rest assured in your decision as we are one of the leading experts in the field within the Dallas, TX area. All of our professional technicians go through a rigid screening process, drug and alcohol tests before they are hired. Our technicians also stay up to date by continuing their education in the HVAC field by taking ongoing classes to help them stay on top of emerging technologies, techniques and innovations in the field. All of this helps K&S Heating & Air provide you with the service you want and need. You can count on us to get the job done correctly, professionally and with your safety in mind.
Additional Air Conditioning Services
K&S Heating and Air’s professional technicians can take care of all of your air conditioning needs. From providing general repairs to installations, you can count on K&S Heating & Air to provide you with what you need. Some of the following air conditioning services provided are as follows:
- Central Air
- Duct Systems
- Ductless Systems
- Evaporative Cooling
- Forced Air
- Mini Split Systems
- Zoned Systems
Contact K&S Heating & Air
K&S Heating and Air provides indoor heating, air and indoor air quality solutions for both residential and commercial customers in the Dallas, TX metropolitan area. We offer a full line-up of professional indoor air quality services. There is no job to big or too small that we cannot handle. If you are in need of service for your home or office then give us a call today. K&S Heating and Air is available twenty four hours a day and seven days a week for your convenience.
We are a family owned and operated business that has been providing heating and cooling service solutions for many years in the Dallas area. K&S Heating and Air is also a proud member with the Better Business Bureau where we maintain a solid A+ rating. If you are in need of service and have questions or concerns then you can give us a call and one of our professional and friendly HVAC technicians will assist you.