Dallas Heating Repair
Central Heating, Heat Pump, & Furnace Repair Dallas, TX
If your heating system breaks down in your Dallas, Texas home, especially if it’s in the dead of winter, you need heating repair as soon as possible. When temperatures reach dangerous lows, a properly working heating system is not only essential for you and your family’s comfort, but also for your safety.
Fortunately, K&S Heating and Air’s professional and friendly HVAC technicians can assist you with a diagnosis of what is wrong with your heating system quickly and efficiently. Our heater repair experts have extensive experience dealing with all types of heating systems in the metropolitan Dallas area. We carry all of the necessary tools, equipment, and common parts needed to repair common problems with heating systems.
Should I Repair or Replace my Heater?
When it comes to replacing or repairing your existing heating system, there are many factors that should be taken into consideration. Below are just a few of these factors that Dallas home and business owners must consider when determining whether they should replace or repair their existing heating system.
The Age of the Heating System
If your furnace is more than 25 years old, it is considered obsolete and should definitely be replaced. Systems older than 25 years typically only provide heat at an average of 50% efficiency in comparison with today’s models and with the same amount of fuel. Not only that, but the older your HVAC system is, the harder it is to find the necessary parts in order to repair and maintain it. At some point (typically before it even reaches 25 years of age), diminishing returns will kick in, meaning it will be far more beneficial to replace with a newer system than to continue servicing your existing heating system.
The Efficiency of the Heating System
There are many different reasons why the efficiency of your furnace may deteriorate. Failing to receive proper routine maintenance is just one of them. This is due to the fact that when your HVAC system is not properly maintained, it will need to work harder in order to generate the required heating needed to warm your home. This increase in workload will also increase the costs of operating the heating system and further wear down components within the system, as well. Other problems could be as simple as a loose connection or an air filter that has not been routinely exchanged and is now filthy. Buying a new, high-efficiency heating system will save in energy costs in the long run, and obtaining regular HVAC maintenance will help ensure it remains functioning properly. Plus, when purchasing a new heating system that is Energy Star certified, you may also qualify for tax credits and/or rebates from the federal, state, or local government as well as utility companies.
The Condition of the Heating System
If you require furnace repair relatively often, it may be more cost-effective to purchase a new HVAC system rather than to continue receiving heating repair on your current furnace. However, if the furnace is reliable and receives routine maintenance and requires few repairs, you are more than likely going to continue to benefit from using the same system. The best way to determine the true condition of your heating equipment is to call a reliable company like K&S Heating and Air to come out and inspect it.
Top Dallas Heating Services
K&S Heating and Air’s certified HVAC experts can take care of any of your heating problems, whatever they may be. Our heating and air conditioning technicians can handle all repairs, from anything as simple as system breaker replacement to the repair and replacement of a dangerous burner chamber.
Some of the common heating services we provide in Dallas, TX and the surrounding areas include:
- Heating Installation – If you’re unsure whether you need an entirely new furnace or a simple repair, or if you’re having trouble deciding what system is right for you, you can count on our expert technicians at K&S to help you. Allow us to walk you through the new equipment available on the market and see you through your Dallas furnace installation.
- Heating Maintenance – Our renowned HVAC company can provide your home with warm, comforting air during cold weather by providing heating maintenance to your home’s heating system. By requesting our comprehensive Dallas heater maintenance, you will not only increase efficiency and ensure your heater is working properly, but you’ll also extend the life of the system as well as significantly reducing heating costs.
- Heating Systems – At K&S, our Dallas HVAC service professionals are not only highly qualified and trained to perform heating installation, repair, and maintenance, but are also qualified to handle all major brands, types, and sizes of HVAC units. The types of Dallas heating systems we work with include:
- Central Heating – Central heating systems distribute heated air throughout the home either by pumping warm air through a series of air ducts or by sending hot water or steam through pipes to radiators or convectors located in individual rooms.
- Furnaces – If your furnace was installed in your Dallas home before 1992, there is a good chance that you are sending thirty percent or more of your heat straight out of the furnace flue. Your forced air furnace is also likely operating at such low efficiencies that it is producing about half the amount of heat that a newer furnace would with the same amount of fuel.
- Gas & Oil Heat – Gas furnaces are more efficient than oil furnaces, but it comes at a price; gas furnaces are usually 10 – 25% higher in costs for the same size oil furnace. When it comes to the cost of operating these furnaces, the favor also leans more so towards gas furnaces as gas prices tend to be much lower than that of oil.
- Heat Pumps – A heat pump is a mechanical system that produces either heated or cooled air and distributes it throughout your home. Installation of a heat pump typically composes of two parts. These two parts are called the indoor unit, more commonly referred to as the air handler, and the outdoor unit, which is similar to that of a central air conditioner, but is more commonly referred to as the heat pump. A compressor will distribute refrigerant throughout the system that is absorbed and then releases warm air that flows into the home.
Other Dallas HVAC Services We Provide
- Air Conditioning Repair – If you’re dealing with a broken AC system, it’s important to call in the professionals as soon as possible! When you try to perform AC repair services on your own, you actually risk causing even more damage to the AC unit, which will likely require you to call a professional for emergency repair or even a complete replacement prematurely. It’s much better to request the help of a Dallas AC repair technician from K&S than to attempt repairing your air conditioning system yourself.
- Air Conditioning Installation – Our experienced air conditioning and heating technicians at K&S provide top AC installation services in Dallas and all across North Texas. When it comes to know-how, we stay up to date with the current changes and latest technological advancements in all types of heaters and air conditioners. From a small mini-split system installation to installing a large central cooling system, we’re prepared to do it all.
- Air Conditioning Maintenance – Professional maintenance of air conditioning systems tends to be overlooked until a problem presents itself. However, receiving routine Dallas air conditioning maintenance is essential in ensuring that your HVAC system operates efficiently year-round. It also extends the life cycle of the system and helps save on utility bills. Some of our typical maintenance tasks include changing the air filter, cleaning the vents, cleaning the air conditioner condenser coil, and more!
- Thermostat Repair and Installation – Thermostats come in many different shapes and sizes, and some may be more suitable than others for homeowners. If you are looking to upgrade your current thermostat or need Dallas thermostat repair, give us a call today and one of our friendly technicians will schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience.
- Home-Automation Zoning – K&S Heating and Air’s professional and friendly technicians provide expert installation, maintenance and repair services for zoned heating and air conditioning for both residential and commercial customers in Dallas, TX and surrounding areas.
- Indoor Air Quality Services – At K&S Heating & Air, we have a range of professional indoor air quality solutions to remove allergens from homes and businesses. From air purifiers to UV lights to HEPA filters and more, we can help improve the quality of air in your home or business and help you and all those who enter breathe easier and cleaner.
- Annual HVAC Maintenance Plan – By subscribing to K&S’s Annual HVAC Maintenance Plan (the Cool Club), you’ll always remain up-to-date with your annual tune-ups in the future. We’ll help remind you when essential services are due and schedule a convenient service call to inspect your system just when you’re gearing up for the peak air conditioning and heating season.
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air?
There are many reasons that make K&S Heating and Air the go-to source for heating and air service companies in the metropolitan Dallas area. Honest pricing, excellent communication, and great service are just a few things you can expect from our reputable company. We will be upfront and honest with the diagnosis of your heating system and will repair or replace the problem without up-selling unnecessary upgrades or system add-ons.
When you choose to use K&S Heating & Air for your heating repair needs, you can rest assured in your decision as we are one of the leading experts in the field within the Dallas, TX area. All of our professional technicians go through a rigid screening process, background checks, and drug and alcohol tests before they are hired. Our expert technicians also stay up to date by continuing their education in the HVAC field by taking ongoing classes to help them stay on top of emerging technologies, techniques, and innovations in the field. All of this helps K&S Heating and Air provide you with the best air conditioning repair and heating service you could ever want and need. You can count on us to get the job done correctly, professionally, and with your safety in mind.
HVAC Repair Service Professionals in Dallas-Fort Worth and the Surrounding Area
K&S Heating and Air provides indoor heating, air, and indoor air quality solutions for both residential and commercial customers in the Dallas, TX metropolitan area. We offer a full line-up of professional air conditioning-heating services, and there is no job too big or too small that we cannot handle. We strive to provide unmatched customer satisfaction, and ensuring that excellent customer service is what keeps our clients coming back every time they require HVAC service.
From providing general repairs to new system installations, you can count on K&S Heating & Air to provide you with the quality work you need. If you are in need of service for the HVAC systems in your home or office, then give us a call today. K&S Heating and Air is available for same-day service, 24 hours a day and seven days a week, for your convenience. We are also happy to provide you with free estimates!
In addition to being a family-owned and operated business that has been providing heating and cooling service solutions in the Dallas area for many years, K&S Heating and Air is also a proud member with the Better Business Bureau where we maintain a solid A+ rating. If you are in need of service and have questions or concerns then you can give us a call at (972) 271-9319 and one of our professional and friendly HVAC technicians will assist you promptly.