Heating and air systems are one of the most expensive items that are installed in Dallas homes. Maintaining these systems is imperative in ensuring that they operate efficiently and last a very long time. Professional annual maintenance of your heating system will ensure that during the cold, winter months you can rely on the system providing comforting, warm air into your home. There are a few things that you can handle on your own to assist in ensuring that the furnace operates efficiently but for the other checkpoints hiring a professional heating and air service company to maintain and tune-up the system can be beneficial as well as catching problems before they become a major problem.
K&S Heating and Air can provide your home with warm, comforting air during cold weather by providing heating maintenance to your home’s heating system. Our comprehensive maintenance will not only increase the efficiency of your heating system but will also assist in extending the life of the furnace or other heating system in your home.
Maintaining the Furnace
Furnaces operate off of one of three different energy sources. These energy sources are electric, gas, or oil. Based upon which type of furnace you have installed in your home will determine the tips you should follow in order to assist in maintaining your system.
1. Electric Furnaces
- Check that the thermostat is operating as it should be and make sure to compare the temperature in your home and the temperature reading that is on your thermostat.
- Inspect the air grille and clean it as needed. A dirty grille will block air flow which can impede the performance of the system.
- Read through the manufacturer’s instructions on how often you should exchange air filters for your furnace. Usually, this will be monthly.
2.Gas & Oil Furnaces
- Inspect the fuel lines for possible fuel leaks. If you suspect a fuel leak, collect your loved ones and leave the home immediately. Do not use any electronic devices. Once you are a safe distance from your home, leaving the door open as you exit the premises, contact your gas supplier for assistance.
- Make sure that the control valve is open.
- Change out the air filter according to the directions from the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Clean the air return grille of any dust, dirt or corrosion to ensure airflow is not impeded.
- Compare the temperature in the home to the readout on your thermostat to make sure there are no discrepancies.
- If you have an oil furnace you should have the chimney cleaned annually from soot and corrosion.
Schedule Preventative Maintenance
K&S Heating and Air recommends that you have your furnace inspected on an annual basis. Specifically in the fall, before you begin to use the furnace. Having your system maintained and with regular tune-ups will ensure that the system operates efficiently and will help catch some problems before they become critical.
Our Heating Services
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air
When you choose to use K&S Heating & Air for your heating maintenance needs you can rest assured in your decision as we are one of the leading experts in the field within the Dallas, TX area. All of our professional technicians go through a rigid screening process, drug and alcohol tests before they are hired. Our technicians also stay up to date by continuing their education in the HVAC field by taking ongoing classes to help them stay on top of emerging technologies, techniques and innovations in the field. All of this helps K&S Heating and Air provide you with the service you want and need. You can count on us to get the job done correctly, professionally and with your safety in mind.
Additional Heating Services
K&S Heating and Air’s professional technicians can take care of all of your heating needs. From providing general repairs to installations, you can count on K&S Heating & Air to provide you with what you need. Some of the following heating services provided are as follows:
Contact K&S Heating & Air
K&S Heating and Air provides indoor heating, air and indoor air quality solutions for both residential and commercial customers in the Dallas, TX metropolitan area. We offer a full line-up of professional indoor air quality services. There is no job to big or too small that we cannot handle. If you are in need of service for your home or office then give us a call today. K&S Heating and Air is available twenty four hours a day and seven days a week for your convenience.
We are a family owned and operated business that has been providing heating and cooling service solutions for many years in the Dallas area. K&S Heating and Air is also a proud member with the Better Business Bureau where we maintain a solid A+ rating. If you are in need of service and have questions or concerns then you can give us a call and one of our professional and friendly HVAC technicians will assist you.