Are you looking to purchase a dehumidifier for your Dallas, TX home? If you already have central air conditioning, chances are your HVAC system already helps in removing humidify from the indoor air of your home. However, on excessively humid days or nights your central AC might not be enough. If you are feeling damp and warm indoors even with your AC running then you may need to look into purchasing a whole house dehumidifier.
Whole house dehumidifiers improve the comfort levels in a home removing excessive humidity from the indoor air. Not only this but a dehumidifier will also improve the indoor air quality of your home and help in decreasing your electric bill. There are multiple things that can determine if your home could benefit from the installation of a whole house dehumidifier. Below is a list of signs that you may need to install one in your home.
- If the indoor air in your home has a stagnant and musty smell.
- Even with the AC on, if you feel hot and sticky and have not been physically active.
- If there is warping in wooden furniture, floors, or décor and / or you see mold.
- If you have noticed condensation appearing on your windows, mirrors and cold drinks while the AC is in operation.
- Insect infestations inside of the home are also a telltale sign that indoor humidity levels are too high.
Too Much Humidity is bad for your Health
Some humidity in your home is not bad, however, when humidity levels increase too high then you and your loved ones’ may be at risk of developing problems with your health. Excessive humidity levels in your home can lead to the growth of mold and mildew. It can also cause the spread of bacteria and dust mites. Mold, mildew, and dust mites can trigger allergies and can be detrimental to asthma sufferers. Bacteria can and will make your family sick and in some cases severely. If you have noticed any of these problems in your home you may want to check into installing a whole house dehumidifier.
When you have a dehumidifying system installed in your home, conveniently, it can be installed with your existing central heating and air system. The system will work with your HVAC and help reduce the amount of humidity inside your home. There are also other positive marks with having a dehumidifying system in your home and they are:
- Some dehumidifying system models also offer automatic fresh air ventilation. These models help in the reduction of air irritants and pollutants within the home assisting in increasing the home’s indoor air quality.
- There is virtually no maintenance required for a whole-house dehumidifier, save for the air filter, which only needs to be cleaned once a year.
- Dehumidifying systems use an automatic sensor that will monitor your home’s indoor humidity levels. When humidity levels exceed the point of your comfort levels it will run until humidity levels stabilize.
Typically, ideal humidity levels range from anywhere between 30 – 50%. However, some people may require different levels in order to feel comfortable. .
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air
When you choose to use K&S Heating & Air for your whole house dehumidifier needs you can rest assured in your decision as we are one of the leading experts in the field within the Dallas, TX area. All of our professional technicians go through a rigid screening process, drug and alcohol tests before they are hired. Our technicians also stay up to date by continuing their education in the HVAC field by taking ongoing classes to help them stay on top of emerging technologies, techniques and innovations in the field. All of this helps K&S Heating and Air provide you with the service you want and need. You can count on us to get the job done correctly, professionally and with your safety in mind.
Additional Indoor Air Quality Services
K&S Heating and Air’s professional technicians can take care of all of your indoor air quality needs. From providing general repairs to installations, you can count on K&S Heating & Air to provide you with what you need. Some of the following indoor air quality services provided is as follows:
- Air Exchangers
- Air Filtration
- Air Purifiers
- HEPA Filters
- UV Lights
Contact K&S Heating & Air
K&S Heating and Air provides indoor heating, air and indoor air quality solutions for both residential and commercial customers in the Dallas, TX metropolitan area. We offer a full line-up of professional indoor air quality services. There is no job to big or too small that we cannot handle. If you are in need of service for your home or office then give us a call today. K&S Heating and Air is available twenty four hours a day and seven days a week for your convenience.
We are a family owned and operated business that has been providing heating and cooling service solutions for many years in the Dallas area. K&S Heating and Air is also a proud member with the Better Business Bureau where we maintain a solid A+ rating. If you are in need of service and have questions or concerns then you can give us a call and one of our professional and friendly HVAC technicians will assist you.