Mini-split systems are heating and cooling systems that give you more control over the temperatures in individual zones in your Dallas home or business. K&S Heating and Air’s professional technicians have a great deal of experience and know-how with servicing, installing and repairing mini-split systems.
A mini-split system is composed of two main components. The first main component is the outdoor compressor and the second is the indoor air-handling unit. There are multiple advantages to having a mini-split system and one of them is that they are not that complex and easy to install. Installation typically requires just a small hole through the wall, where the condensation drain line, copper tubing, and the system’s cabling will go through, connecting it to the outdoor compressor.
Mini-Split Systems VS Central Heating & Cooling
Another positive advantage to mini-split systems is the fact that they do not require any ductwork. Since there is no ductwork, the energy losses associated with ducts is null. Mini-split systems directly cool the room or zone they are installed in. When it comes to conventional central heating and air, ductwork if improperly installed, can account for up to 40% in energy loss. This alone, makes mini split systems potentially much more energy-lean than their conventional central air counterparts.
Five Advantages of Mini-Split Systems
1. Flexible Solutions – Central heating and cooling systems deliver conditioned air through ductwork, whereas, mini split systems have no need for ducts and deliver conditioned air directly to a room or zone. They are also very compact and take up very little space, making them ideal solutions for townhomes, apartments and the like.
2. Savings – Overall costs for these systems is a big reason to consider the switch. Homes that use conventional heating and cooling systems to condition the inside air have to deal with a whole slew of potential problems that are associated with the operation of these units. Conventional systems composes of many more parts that have to be routinely maintained in order to ensure that the system is working at optimal levels. Mini split systems are flexible, easier to maintain, do not require much space, and offer more control over which parts of the home you wish to condition the air in. This alone can mean saving a ton in energy costs in the long run.
3. Indoor Air Quality – conventional HVAC systems use air ducts in order to deliver conditioned air throughout the home. The vents must be cleaned regularly and the ducts should be cleaned annually. Even with proper cleaning there will be airborne pollutants and irritants that will be missed. Mini split systems, have no need for ductwork, and some models offer multi-stage filtration that can significantly reduce these airborne pollutants and allergens from the indoor air.
4. Quick and Easy – Installation is a breeze with mini split systems, unlike conventional heating and cooling systems which can be complicated, expensive and require huge amounts of patience that can take up to several weeks to complete. Depending on how many mini split systems are installed in a home, they can be installed and up and running in as little as a day.
5. Carbon Footprint – Due to the compact size of mini split systems, no need for ductwork, and the ability to control which rooms are being conditioned, they leave a much smaller carbon footprint than conventional systems.
Our Cooling Services
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Systems
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air
When you choose to use K&S Heating & Air for your mini split system needs you can rest assured in your decision as we are one of the leading experts in the field within the Dallas, TX area. All of our professional technicians go through a rigid screening process, drug and alcohol tests before they are hired. Our technicians also stay up to date by continuing their education in the HVAC field by taking ongoing classes to help them stay on top of emerging technologies, techniques and innovations in the field. All of this helps K&S Heating & Air provide you with the service you want and need. You can count on us to get the job done correctly, professionally and with your safety in mind.
Additional Air Conditioning Services
K&S Heating and Air’s professional technicians can take care of all of your air conditioning needs. From providing general repairs to installations, you can count on K&S Heating & Air to provide you with what you need. Some of the following air conditioning services provided are as follows:
- Central Air
- Duct Systems
- Ductless Systems
- Evaporative Cooling
- Forced Air
- Mini Split Systems
- Zoned Systems
Contact K&S Heating & Air
K&S Heating and Air provides indoor heating, air and indoor air quality solutions for both residential and commercial customers in the Dallas, TX metropolitan area. We offer a full line-up of professional indoor air quality services. There is no job to big or too small that we cannot handle. If you are in need of service for your home or office then give us a call today. K&S Heating and Air is available twenty four hours a day and seven days a week for your convenience.
We are a family owned and operated business that has been providing heating and cooling service solutions for many years in the Dallas area. K&S Heating and Air is also a proud member with the Better Business Bureau where we maintain a solid A+ rating. If you are in need of service and have questions or concerns then you can give us a call and one of our professional and friendly HVAC technicians will assist you.