Mini split systems are ductless air conditioning systems that give homeowners more temperature control in individual rooms or zones in their Dallas homes or businesses. K&S Heating and Air’s professional technicians have experience servicing, installing, and repairing ductless mini-split systems. If you’re considering making the change to a ductless air conditioning system or need a ductless AC repair, call the experts at K&S Heating and Air. To schedule a ductless mini split system service visit, call (972) 271-9319 today.
Mini-Split Systems vs. Central Heating & Cooling
Ductless air conditioning systems are composed of two main components. The first main component is the outdoor compressor, and the second is the indoor air handler. One of the advantages of a ductless system is its easy installation. Installation typically requires a small hole through the wall where the condensation drain line, copper tubing, and cabling connect to the outdoor unit.
Another advantage to ductless cooling systems is that they do not require any ductwork. Mini split systems fill a certain room or zone with cool air without a ductwork system. With conventional heating and air systems, if the ductwork is not installed correctly, it can cause up to 40% of energy loss. This makes ductless systems much more energy efficient than their conventional central air counterparts.
Five Advantages of Mini-Split Systems
- Flexible Solutions – Central heating and cooling systems deliver conditioned air through ductwork, whereas mini split systems do not need ducts and deliver conditioned air directly to a room or zone. They are also very compact and take up little space, making a ductless air conditioner ideal for townhomes, apartments, and the like.
- Savings – Overall costs for ductless mini split systems are a big reason to consider the switch. Homes that use a conventional heating and cooling system to condition the inside air have to deal with a slew of potential problems associated with these units’ operation. Traditional systems are composed of many more parts that must be routinely maintained to ensure that the system is working at optimal levels. Ductless systems are flexible, easier to maintain, do not require much space, and offer more control over which areas of the home you wish to heat or cool. This alone can save a ton on cooling costs in the long run.
- Indoor Air Quality – Conventional HVAC systems use air ducts to deliver conditioned air throughout the home. The air vents must be cleaned regularly, and the ducts should be cleaned annually. Even with proper cleaning, airborne pollutants, and irritants will still be in the air. Mini split systems do not need ductwork, and some models offer multi-stage filtration that can significantly reduce these airborne pollutants and allergens from the indoor air.
- Quick and Easy – Ductless AC installation is a breeze, unlike conventional heating and cooling systems, which can be complicated, expensive, and require patience since installation can take up to several weeks. Depending on how many systems are installed in a home, they can be up and running in as little as a day.
- Carbon Footprint – Due to the compact size of mini split systems, lack of ductwork, and the ability to control which rooms are being conditioned, they leave a much smaller footprint than conventional systems.
Our Cooling Services
- Air Conditioning Installation
- Air Conditioning Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Repair
- Air Conditioning Systems
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air
If you’re searching for a Dallas heating and cooling company for your mini split system needs, look no further than K&S Heating and Air. As experts with ductless AC units, you can rest assured that you’ve made the right call. Our technicians also stay current by continuing their education in the HVAC field by taking ongoing classes to help them stay on top of emerging technologies, techniques, and innovations. Our professional technicians undergo a rigid screening process and drug and alcohol tests before hiring. You can count on K&S Heating and Air to get the job done professionally and with your safety and comfort in mind.
Additional Air Conditioning Services
In addition to ductless air conditioning services, K&S Heating and Air’s experienced technicians can handle all your air conditioning needs. From general repairs to installations, you can count on us to provide quality cooling services. Some of the air conditioning services we provide are as follows:
- Central Air
- Duct Systems
- Ductless Systems
- Evaporative Cooling
- Forced Air
- Mini Split Systems
- Zoned Systems
Contact K&S Heating & Air
K&S Heating and Air provides indoor heating, air, and indoor air quality solutions for residential and commercial customers in Dallas, TX, and the surrounding area. No job is too big or too small. K&S Heating and Air is available twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week.
We are a family-owned and operated business providing heating and cooling service solutions for years in the Dallas area. K&S Heating and Air is also a proud member of the Better Business Bureau, where we maintain a solid A+ rating. If you need ductless HVAC services or have questions about switching to a ductless mini split system, call us today at (972) 271-9319.