Photo By ALPA PROD at Shutterstock
Air conditioners are integral to staying comfortable during the summers. You don’t want your air conditioner giving you trouble during the unbearable heat. But perhaps, it is giving you trouble. Are you looking to service your air conditioner? Tired of searching for the right air conditioning service in Allen, TX? Well, K&S Heating and Air might be the answer for your relentless search. Getting your air conditioner serviced can save you a lot of money in the long run so you definitely need to opt for it.
Before delving into the intricacies of air conditioning service in Allen, TX, perhaps you need tips to maintain your air conditioning unit so you don’t need costly repairs in the first place. Here are a few tips on how to extend your air conditioner’s life, improve air quality and ensure your air conditioner continues working properly:
- Keep it clean
- Understand how the system works
- Replace the filter in a timely manner
- Check the insulation regularly
- Clean the outside of the air compressor
- Clean the vents
- Deep clean with a brush
- Fix fins
- Clean the coils
- Prevent blockage of vents
- Condensate drains
- Find air leaks in your house
- Avoid using the coldest temperature
- Get your system checked by a professional regularly
However, sometimes despite maintenance, your air conditioning stops working properly. There are a few signs your air conditioning unit is not working properly and you need an air conditioning service in Allen, TX. These include:
- Stale air
- Frequent on/off cycling of the unit
- Thermostat issues
- Poor air flow
- Unusual sounds coming from the unit when it is operating
- Higher energy bills
If you notice any of the above, you might need to get an air conditioning service in Allen, TX.
How Professional Services Benefits You
Why hire an air conditioning service in Allen, TX? Well, due to the numerous benefits, which include:
- Having trained professional and friendly technicians who are among the top in their field of expertise, and are certified technicians who stay current with new techniques employed in the field is better than working on your ac yourself.
- There are many reasons why it is not advisable for you to work on your own HVAC. Firstly, high voltage dangers are a dominant safety concern. This is why we advise you to allow only a professional technician to handle the HVAC unit. Professional service provided by an experienced and licensed HVAC technician is the safest and option.
- With the right service, you can have consistent cooling and better air quality.
- You also have peace of mind that your air conditioner won’t randomly stop working.
Keep in mind that air conditioners accumulate dirt as they run. This affects their efficiency, which means their ability to cool your home. Filters should usually be checked on a monthly basis. So hire an expert air conditioning service in Allen, TX to get the most out of your air conditioner.
Don’t put off repairs otherwise, you’ll have to make costly replacements. Here are a few tips on air conditioning service in Allen, TX. Make sure your repair man follows the following process:
- Before beginning work, unplugs your air conditioning
- Before you start repairing, check to make sure the furnace is clean, tests the fuses to see if you have a blown fuse and inspect the inside of the access panel for broken wires or chewed insulation.
- Tests the switches
- Examines the ducts
- Examines the thermostat
- Checks your breaker
- Changes the filter
- Checks for your seal duct for leakage in central systems
- Inspect electric terminals, tighten and clean connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if required
- Measures the evaporator coil’s airflow
- Buys parts like the condenser fan motor
- Checks your capacitor and if necessary, installs a new capacitor
- Oils the motors and checks belts for wear and tightness
- Replace the air conditioner’s contractor if necessary
- Melts the ice
- Reassembles the unit
- Tests your repairs to see if the work is done properly
You should be aware of this process so that you don’t have to do the service again.
However, there are a few considerations you should make before selecting the right air conditioning service in Allen, TX. These include:
- Range of services
- Insurance and License
- Professional and Friendly
- Customer Service
Finding the right air conditioning service in Allen, TX, is not difficult if you consider all of the above. Luckily, K&S Heating and Air has all of the above. At K&S Heating & Air, we are committed to providing you with the highest quality services and products available at an affordable price. Our certified professionals will get your system up and running quickly if it’s in need of repair. Our services cover all models of air conditioners so you don’t have to worry on that front! We are available 24/7 for your convenience so you can get emergency repairs as well. To know more about air conditioning service in Allen, TX, visit our website.