Photo By humonia at istock
If you’ve lived in Richardson, TX, for any length of time, you know how unbearably hot summer can be. Having access to an air conditioner that works optimally is essential. It allows you to control the temperatures inside your home with great ease.
You also want a heater that works well during the winter. Temperatures can drop suddenly and be very uncomfortable. Without having an HVAC system that operates well year-round, you’ll experience discomfort.
Fortunately, there are heating and AC repair companies in the area that specialize in fixing heaters and air conditioners. They also perform routine maintenance so that you don’t need to endure unbearable temperatures due to the system malfunctioning. By staying on top of things such as having filters replaced and temperature readouts tested, you avoid costly repairs that could potentially break the bank.
Possible Issues You Could Be Experiencing with Your HVAC System
Without knowing your HVAC system inside and out, it can be hard to know what’s wrong with it when your air conditioner or heater won’t turn on. That’s why it’s imperative to have someone that does heating and AC repair that you trust come to service it. They’ll discover the problem with the system and provide you with possible solutions that meet your needs and budget.
Here are some reasons why you may need heating and AC repair:
- The AC blows hot air. It could be due to a lack of refrigerant inside the machine. It will need heating and AC repair tech to replace it to get the cool air flowing once again. It may also be a sign of a dirty filter because the cooled air cannot make its way through the screen. The technician that you work with will do a series of checks to determine the problem.
- The air conditioner makes weird sounds. The issue could be due to many different problems. For example, a part may have worn down inside the unit and is grinding against another part. Replacing the affected piece of the AC could potentially save it. It could also prevent you from needing to buy a brand new unit right away.
- The unit leaks. If you see a substance dripping or leaking out of the air conditioner, it could be due to a problem with the refrigerant or another part inside the unit. Having a heating and AC repair professional come out and diagnose the issue is highly recommended. You’ll want to shut it off to prevent damage to your walls and floors as well as increasing the risk for electrical shock.
- The temperature readout isn’t correct. The panel could be malfunctioning. It may need to be repaired or replaced. It’s essential to be able to control the temps indoors accurately so you’re not increasing your home energy costs. That way, you’re not wasting energy by running up your electric bill unnecessarily.
- A professional hasn’t changed the filter in a while. A tech can come to your home and change it for you. They’ll put you on a schedule based on you and your family’s lifestyle. If there is a person with asthma or other respiratory problems living in the house or the residence has pets that shed, you’ll find it beneficial to have the filter changed out more often. It prevents allergens from building up and making the air quality inside the home poor.
- The heater’s flame sensor is dirty. The system is unable to light the burners. Until the problem is taken care of, the heater won’t turn on easily. It’s a quick fix that a heating and AC repair tech can take care of for you. Once the flame sensor is clean, the heater will turn on and operate normally unless there is another problem present.
- The blower capacitor has died. It’s the part that’s responsible for distributing warmed air. Without it, you won’t be able to turn on the heater. It can be replaced, but it is something that a technician must first diagnose, so you’ll want to call a repair company right away to discuss your options. Working with a skilled heating and AC repair professional provides you with insight on what to look for in terms of heating problems.
- The ductwork has issues. You’ll need to have a skilled professional come out and handle the problem for you. That way, you won’t be shelling out additional funds for repairs that mask the issue. Instead, you’ll have all new ductwork that helps the flow of air remain steady. It’s a small price to pay to have increased comfort inside your residence.
Heater and air conditioner issues vary in size and cost. It’s important to call a professional right away whenever you notice something’s wrong with your HVAC system. It could be a simple, inexpensive fix if you’re proactive about taking care of it. If you wait too long, however, it could end up costing you a lot more money than you initially planned on paying.
Richardson, TX, is not a place where you don’t want a working HVAC system. It can get very hot during the summer and uncomfortably cold in the winter. Having access to a heating and AC repair company is advantageous. It ensures that your heater and air conditioner work well at all times through the year.
Contact Us When You Need Heating and AC Repair
K&S Heating and Air treats its customers like VIPs. We know how important it is to exceed your expectations in terms of service. You want a company you can trust and depend on when emergencies occur. Each year before you turn your air conditioner and heater on, you’ll want to have your system looked at by a professional to identify any potential problems that are present.
Call 972-271-9319 for more information and to schedule a service call from us. We’re here to assist you in whatever way we can. We go above and beyond to make sure our customers are happy and comfortable in their air-conditioned and heated homes. Let us know what we can do to exceed your high expectations.