How do you know you need to call a professional for heating and ac in McKinney, TX? There are signs that indicate that you need to contact a professional technician for heating repair. You will need to learn to recognize these signs so you can contact them in time.
If you fail to get in touch with one, you might find yourself replacing the entire unit. Remember, it does not take long for an issue to worsen which is why, you need to take care of the issue before it becomes a headache.
If you are unsure when to call a company for heating and ac in McKinney, TX, look for these common signs:
1. You Hear Strange Noises
Most homeowners do not pay attention to their heating system. The only time they pay attention to their heating system is when it malfunctions and stops working. However, there is another way you can tell that your heating system is on the brink of breaking down.
If you hear strange sounds emitting from your HVAC unit, there is something wrong with your HVAC unit. You need to pay special attention to furnaces and boilers. If you hear a noise such as rumbling and rattling emitting from your furnace or boiler, you need to contact a company for heating and ac in McKinney, TX, as it can indicate a dangerous issue due to leaking gas and carbon monoxide.
2. You See Flickering or Yellow Flame
If you have a furnace installed that burns fuel, you need to inspect the flame on the burner throughout the day. Look for a blue flame, not orange, red, purple, or green. Blue flame means that the fuel is burning properly, safely, and efficiently. If you see any other color, you need to get in touch with a professional for heating and ac in McKinney, TX. The behavior of the flames is a good indicator on the condition of your heating system. Another sign that something is wrong is a flickering or yellow flame. You need to turn off your heating system if you see a yellow flame and contact a technician.
3. You Feel No Heat or Low Heat
If your heating system is not generating sufficient amounts of heat or if it is not generating any heat at all, you need to get in touch with a company for heating and ac in McKinney, TX. You may need to replace the air filter. Other times the issue can be more complex than you imagined. There could be an issue with the thermocouple, fan motor, or the pilot light. You can contact a technician to look into the issue if you suspect it to be a complex one, one that requires the attention of a professional.
If you see any of these signs, you should delay calling a professional technician to look at your heating system and diagnose it. The technician will come to your home and inspect your heating system the same day you call them. These issues are important and should not be left unintended for long. You can also follow this checklist of things to look for before you contact a professional technician for heating and ac in McKinney, TX.
This checklist will help you eliminate common issues that most homeowners face with a heating system. The issue may be small and you may be able to resolve it yourself, but if you are not able to resolve it, getting in touch with a professional company in your area that are experts in heating and ac repair service would be the next thing you would need to do.
What Should You Look for Before You Call a Professional Over for Heating Repair?
Here is what you need to look for before you contact a company for heating and ac in McKinney, TX:
- Check to see if the thermostat is functioning properly. If it is not working properly, you might need to replace the batteries.
- Check the settings of the thermostat. Make sure the thermostat settings are set below the temperature of the room.
- Ensure you set the thermostat on “heat” or “auto” and turn on the fan.
- Inspect the air filters to see if you need to replace them. A clogged air filter will restrict air flow. If you have not changed the air filter recently, you need to change it, as it may cause you serious problems down the line. Your heating system will not function properly if you fail to clean the air filter. You should change the air filter after every 90 days.
- Inspect the circuit breakers, looking for blown fuses. You need to ensure that electricity is going to the heating system. If your circuit breaker trips on a daily basis, you need to contact someone to take a look at it and resolve the issue.
- Ensure the gas valve is turned on for gas furnaces.
- Ensure the registers are open.
- Turn on the entire system for one to two hours and then turn it back on to see what happens.
If you continue to face the same problem even after you have performed all the aforementioned steps, you need to get in touch with a professional for heating and ac in McKinney, TX. You do not want to wait until the last minute to contact a technician for heating and ac in McKinney, TX. You do not want to make the problem worse, but it can it repaired and fixed as soon as possible. For this reason, you need to get in touch with a professional technician for routine maintenance on your heating system.
Homeowners searching for a reputable company for heating and ac in McKinney, TX should look no further than K&S Heating and Air. Contact us today if you suspect there is an issue with your heating system and we will send someone right over for heating and ac in McKinney, TX.