The State of Texas in the United States is famous for its hot, humid climate. In such an environment, air conditioners are an important part of indoor life. This is especially true in the very taxing summer months. It is crucial therefore that we take good care of the air conditioners installed at our homes as replacing them could prove to be expensive. However, it is equally important to realize that there are times when the replacement of AC’s by having air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX is a better option both financially and for the health of individuals living in your house. And since many households are often not aware of the indicators and subtle signs that an AC gives off when it has completed its useful lifespan, we discuss some of the important ones in this article.
Being aware of the following points will help you stay clear of an electric related emergency by allowing you to opt for a timely air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX. If you identify any of the 3 telltale indications mentioned in the article below, contact the reliable and experienced service providers of K&S Heating and Repair for air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX. If you go through their customer reviews, you will notice that the tag line of “Fast, Friendly, Fair Prices, Too. K&S Takes Care of You” has been proven to be correct time and again. You can contact them on their 24/7 landline number 972-271-9319 in case of an emergency.
1. Your Air Conditioner Expenses Are Constantly On The Rise
One of the most telling signs that you need a professional to come in for air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX and replace your old air conditioning system is the constant increase in your electric expenses and/or the cost incurred to repair the air conditioner.
As the working abilities of an air conditioner worsens off and it becomes inefficient, it starts to use up more and more energy just to provide the same amount of cooling. This would obviously also reflect in your utility bills.
Another case when an air conditioner begins to result in perpetual expenditure for households is when it fails down on a regular basis. Having to call the service person for repair is a hassle apart from the additional cost that builds up due to repairs and replacements of expensive parts such as compressors and condensers. All of this could really result in the swift climb of your AC related costs.
Sooner or later, you will realize it’s time to throw in the towel. At such points, it is far more cost effective to replace the air conditioner than to continue repairing the same system. If any of the expenses related to your current cooling system are increasing without any substantial increase in your use, then you need to get it replaced.
A new cooling unit acquired by air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX will significantly reduce the running costs of an air conditioner. This includes both the utility costs and the repairs for wear and tear.
2. Your Air Conditioner Has Started To Make Unusual Sounds You Haven’t Heard Before
Did you just hear some loud and weird noise coming out of your air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX? We always want our air conditioner to work in silence so we can peacefully sit or sleep in our rooms, but if our cooling units start to make rattling, squealing or other strange noises then there very likely is something broken inside the AC.
There could be a number of reasons why your air conditioner is making such noises.
- Missing or damaged isolation feet: After continuous use, the rubber sheet at the bottom of a compressor (which is called isolation feet ) gets damaged causing cracks to occur in it or this sheet can also completely disintegrate from compressor’s pressure, and causes the compressor to become unbalanced. This can lead to the air conditioner making a loud, buzzing noise when it’s working.
- Malfunctioning compressor: Compressor is the part of your air conditioner which pressurizes the refrigerant and keeps it cool. A continuous buzzing sound from your air conditioner would mean the compressor is damaged or the electrical voltage flowing into the air conditioner is not at the required level causing the compressor to malfunction.
- Frozen AC system: If the refrigerant of your air conditioner leaks, it can cause the systems within the AC to freeze up. The frozen internal organs of an air conditioner often make squealing sounds.
- Loose parts: Your air conditioning system is made up of several complex parts that work simultaneously to provide you with cool air. If any of its part loosens up of drops out then the AC may let out rattling or banging sounds (especially if there are loose bearings stuck in the unit).
These sounds often reflect some serious issue with the cooling system. Therefore, it is wise to seek help from a company that provides air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX and have the AC system replaced if the problem can’t be fixed.
3. It Has Provided Loyal Service For More Than 10-15 Years
When considering whether to repair or replace your air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX, the age of your unit matters greatly. Generally, your air conditioner should last at least 10 years easily before it would start asking for expensive repairs.
There is a well known ‘5000 rule’ in the air conditioning industry used to help in making the repair or replace choice. Take the age of your AC unit and multiply it by the repair cost. If the answer comes out to be greater than 5000, then you should consider replacing by having a new air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX. For example, if your air conditioner is 8 years old and its repair cost is estimated to be $700, then multiplying them together gives you $5600. Since this number exceeds our 5000 rule, your AC should probably be replaced.
An average air conditioner lasts about 10 to 15 years. If your AC is older than that you have earned a good return on your investment. However, with new energy efficient models coming out, it would be more cost efficient to upgrade and have a new air conditioner installation in McKinney, TX.
Contact the experts in air conditioner installation here.