5 Signs You Need To Schedule An Appointment For Air Conditioner Repair | Mesquite, TX
Photo By Garno Studio at Shutterstock
In a perfect world, the air conditioner in your Mesquite, TX home will function correctly forever. Unfortunately, we don’t live in an ideal world, and your air conditioner can develop issues that can affect the way it performs and its ability to keep your home comfortable.
You rely significantly on your air conditioner during the summer. If it isn’t working correctly, it will be impossible to stay comfortable in your home.
It is essential that you can recognize the signs of an issue with your air conditioning system. If you can identify problems quickly, you can have the problem repaired before it affects your family’s comfort.
If your AC is experiencing any of the following issues, you should schedule an appointment for air conditioner repair.
#1 The System Isn’t Producing Cold Air
The most obvious sign you need to call an air conditioner repair service is if the system is blowing warm air. Before you make the call, check the thermostat settings. Human error isn’t uncommon, and if your thermostat is set incorrectly, your air conditioner won’t function correctly. First, make sure the thermostat is set to the cooling mode, and the fan is on. Next, make sure it is warmer in the house than the setting on the thermostat. If your thermostat is set correctly, you should call an HVAC professional. There are a few issues that can cause your system to produce warm air.
- Dirty air filter
- Frozen evaporator coil
- The condenser is failing
- The refrigerant level is low
- Refrigerant leak
- Your system has reached the end of its lifespan.
It is best to schedule an appointment for air conditioner repair immediately. The longer you wait, the more uncomfortable your family will be.
#2 Reduced Airflow
If the air conditioner is working correctly, you should feel a constant rush of cold air when the system is running. If the airflow is poor, you should call an air conditioner company as soon as possible.
Reduced airflow from the vents will prevent your home from reaching the desired temperature. In addition, reduced airflow can cost a significant amount of money. Without adequate airflow, your system will need to work harder to keep your home cool. The extra work could cause an increase in your energy bills and can decrease the lifespan of your system, and you may need to repair it sooner than necessary. Because poor airflow can be so problematic, you should schedule an appointment for a repair as quickly as possible.
A few issues can reduce the airflow, and you will need a professional to determine the cause.
- Clogged air ducts: If the air ducts in your Mesquite, TX home are clogged, the debris will obstruct the airflow and can affect the air quality in your home.
- Broken air ducts: If there are cracks or leaks in the air ducts, the cold air will escape before it reaches the vents, resulting in poor airflow.
- Broken blower: The blower pushes the cold air from the system to the vents throughout your home. If the blower is failing, you won’t have adequate airflow.
The best way to ensure your family’s comfort and prevent unnecessary costs is to schedule an appointment for air conditioner repair.
#3 Strange Smells
The cold air produced by the air conditioner in your home should be clean and odorless. If there is a foul smell in your home when the air conditioner is running, you should call an air conditioner service. The smell can give you an idea of what is wrong.
- Mold: A mold smell is serious. In many cases, there is mold in the air ducts, which can be hazardous to your family’s health. Breathing in mold spores can cause allergy symptoms, respiratory issues and can weaken your immune system. An HVAC tech will inspect the air ducts for the presence of mold and can eradicate it with an antimicrobial fogger.
If the ducts are clear, the mold could be in the system itself, which is a more serious issue.
Removing the mold can be challenging, and if the tech can’t, you will need to replace your AC.
- Burning: A burning smell is a serious cause for concern. You should turn your air conditioner off immediately and schedule an appointment for emergency air conditioner repair. There is likely an electrical issue that can spark an electrical fire if you continue using your AC.
#4 Moisture or Leaks Around the Unit
It is not uncommon to see a small amount of water around the air conditioner in your Mesquite, TX home. The system produces condensation when it runs; therefore, this isn’t a significant cause for concern. If there are large puddles that aren’t drying quickly, you should schedule an appointment with an air conditioner repair service.
Several issues can cause this problem.
- Clogged filters
- Broken condensate hose
- Blocked drain pipe
- Faulty condensate pan
- Refrigerant leak
- It is too cold outside to run the air conditioner, causing the evaporator coil to free and thaw repeatedly.
It is best to call a professional in air conditioner repair right away because some of the issues listed above are very serious.
#5 Strange Sounds
Your air conditioner should be quiet when it runs. It is normal to hear a clicking sound occasionally when the system cycles. If you hear any other strange sounds, you should call an air conditioner repair company.
Banging, rattling, vibrating, screeching, and squealing sounds all signify that there is a problem with your air conditioner. The longer you wait to have the unit repaired, the more damage can occur.
It is best to call a professional as soon as you hear strange sounds.
Why Choose K&S Heating & Air?
If you have issues with your air conditioner and want to work with the best HVAC company around, contact K&S Heating & Air. Our techs have over 100 years of combined experience and can handle any job you have. We have a live customer service department that will take your call immediately. Unlike most HVAC companies, you won’t need to follow prompt after prompt to reach a customer service rep.
If you have an issue with your HVAC system when we aren’t in the office, don’t worry. We provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To schedule an appointment for air conditioner repair or any other HVAC service, give us a call today.