Photo By Kelly Marken at Shutterstock
For your air conditioner to work in the right way and provide the best cooling possible, it is important that the unit is installed properly. Since this is the first step to take after you purchase the air conditioner, you need to make sure you get a professional who can help you with it. It can cause you a lot of problems in case you don’t get the air conditioner installed properly.
There are a few steps involved in air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX. If all these steps are followed properly, the chances of you going wrong with it are really low. However, it is still advisable to call professional help for air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX.
Installing the Indoor Unit
- You need to first select the right location for your air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX. This location should be free from exposure to direct sunlight and heat sources. It should be positioned in a central way such that it can give direct cooling and the entire room can be cooled evenly. Adding to that, it should have more than 15cm of space on the top and the sides. The wall on which you plan to install the AC should be sturdy enough to bear the weight of the unit. An added metal frame can give it a lot more support. The location of the air conditioner is very important, and it is a vital factor when you’re considering air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX.
- Next, you can fix the mounting plate on the wall where you plan on fixing the interior. You need to ensure that the mounting plate is properly leveled along the horizontal axis. You also need to drill a hole in the wall where the pipe will be fitted.
- Thoroughly check the electrical connections in that area. After that, you can easily connect the pipes. The piping should be run from the indoor unit towards the hole drilled in the wall. The length of the PVC pipe should be 6 millimeters shorter than the length between your interior and exterior wall surfaces.
- Insert the pipe into the hole in the wall and tie together the copper pipes, power cables, and the drain pipe. Place the drain pipe on the bottom to ensure a free flow of water.
- Secure the pipe to the indoor unit. Use 2 wrenches, working in opposite directions, to tighten the connection. The indoor unit’s base should be connected to the drainage pipe.
- Next up, you just need to fit the indoor unit perfectly on the mounting plate by pressing the unit against it firmly.
Installing the Outdoor Unit
- The outdoor unit needs to be installed in a location that is neither dusty nor hot. For optimized efficiency and proper functioning of the air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX, 12 inches of space is needed around the perimeter of the outer unit.
- After that, you need to lay the concrete pad on the ground and ensure that it is correctly leveled. The pad should be high enough so that the condenser can easily sit above it. Another thing that you could do is to add rubber cushioning beneath the outer unit so that there is minimum vibration. Make sure that there is no television antenna within 10 feet of the condenser.
- Next up, all the wires should be connected. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the wiring, which are written the instruction manual. Just fasten the cables with a cable clamp.
Completing the Installation
- Take the caps off from the valves and the service port. Connect a vacuum pump hose to the service port and switch the vacuum on until it reaches a level of 10mm Hg. Then, you need to switch the low pressure knob off and then turn off the vacuum. Test all of the valves and joints for leaks. Disconnect the vacuum and replace the service port and caps.
- After that, you can cover the joints of the piping with insulating tape, and clamps can then be used to fix the piping. Once you have done this and sealed the hole, your job is done. The completion process for air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX should be done just right.
Air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX can be quite an easy task for professionals whose everyday job is only this. But for someone who has never done it before, it can be quite daunting and they might not know their way around things, which is exactly why it is best for you to choose a professional for your air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX. Professionals are well-equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to get the job done right.
An air conditioner is quite an expensive electrical appliance; it is not something that you buy on a recurring basis. You invest in this appliance, expecting it to be functional for a long period of time. For all this, it is extremely important that the air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX is done right. In case that you don’t get it installed correctly, or try doing it your own self without having any prior knowledge or experience, it can cost you a lot of time and money.
For this purpose, it is best that you call K & S Heating and Air. Being in the business for such a long time, they have the right talent pool equipped with sufficient knowledge and expertise with regards to air conditioner installation in Dallas, TX. All you need to do is give them a call, and they will be right there to assist you in no time. K & S Heating and Air is known best for providing an exceptional quality of services to its customers. Their team is always ready to offer help whenever you need it.