Whether you’re renovating your existing home or moving to a new one altogether, there’s a lot of choices that you must make. While shopping for furniture and home decor is fun, exciting and highly amusing, choosing the perfect cooling alternative for your home might pose more of a challenge in this regard. If you’re more towards the indecisive side, we can completely understand why reaching a verdict might be anything but easy for you.
In this day and age, most stores and shops tend to throw a bunch of options at you, and every single one of those options has their own plethora of benefits that come along with it. Among all the options that an air conditioning service in Plano, TX might throw at you, the two most common ones are ductless air conditioners and ducted air conditioners.
Ductless Air Conditioners
Ductless air conditioners, also commonly known as ductless mini-splits, are air conditioning systems that do not require ducts in order to dispense air. Unlike the latter, ductless air conditioners don’t rely on the traditional method of cooling – a fundamental indoor air handler that blows the air out through the ducts. Instead of this method, the ductless conditioner propels refrigerant unswervingly to numerous blowers which must be installed in all the rooms of your residence, either on the wall or the ceiling.
Ducted Air Conditioners
Ducted air conditioners are air ducts prepared with the use of sheet metal and are installed within the ceilings or walls of your house. The uniqueness about ducted air conditioners is that they serve as both a heating system as well as a cooling system. Depending on your choice of temperature, the cool or warm air will then travel through the cooling system or the furnace via ducts, delivering the air throughout your residence through the vents installed
Helping You Decide: Ductless Air Conditioners or Ducted?
Because of the fact that when renovating or simply redecorating your place, your main focus is usually on short-term goals and plans, you might make the mistake of opting for an air conditioner that won’t last you all year round. So, before you opt for the wrong air conditioner installation in Plano, TX, we thought we’d give you a list to help you decide whether you should opt for ductless or ducted ACs.
Pros of Ductless Air Conditioners
- Manifold of Cooling Zones: The main benefit and the most popular reason why people tend to choose ductless air conditioners in their homes is due to the fact that they have a multitude of cooling zones within their house. This means that they have complete control over the temperature of any room within the house.
- No Space for Ducts: Of course, one of the most notable features of a ductless air conditioning service in Plano, TX is that you don’t have to go out of your way to make additional space for ducts in the walls or ceilings of the rooms in your home. This is one of the main reasons why ductless air conditioners are more preferred because the ducts also tend to ruin the existing look of your space.
- Minimizing Dust Efficiently: With ductless air conditioners, you can also effectively minimize the dust that slips into your space unwelcomingly. Ducts tend to collect dust over a short period of time and when spring cleaning season comes, it’s nothing short of a hassle to really get the last speck of dust out of all the ducts.
- Convenience at its Best: One of the most notable features of a ductless air conditioner system is that it is legitimately convenient at its best. Ductless air conditioners are ideal for people who would rather prefer controlling their air conditioners with the use of a remote controller.
Pros of Ducted Air Conditioners
- Humidity & Clamminess is Out of Control: More often than not, ducted air conditioners are much more preferred due to their remarkable system which controls humidity efficiently. Unlike ductless, the ducted air conditioners are mechanized in a way that removes the moisture from the air and drains it away effectively.
- Better to Look At: Ducted air conditioners offer much better aesthetics in comparison to ductless air conditioners. Unlike ductless air conditioning service in Plano, TX, ducted air conditioners offer a more concealed system which exists only behind walls and crawl spaces. If this is one of your main concerns, then a ducted AC can offer you much more in this regard as compared to a ductless air conditioner.
- Superior Air Circulation: If you prefer a conditioning system that supplies you with a better air flow or circulation, ducted air conditioners are the perfect choice for you. This is not to say that ductless air conditioners offer bad air flow, but due to the fact that with ductless systems, each room is cooled individually, air movement is not as much as that of a ducted conditioner. Often times, this may lead to stagnant air causing further problems depending entirely on the weather or usability of the air conditioning system. However, this also depends hugely on the company you choose for air conditioner installation in Plano, TX.
Would Repairing Your Existing Air Conditioner Be a Waste of Time & Money?
While installing a completely new air conditioning system might be the ideal choice for a lot of reasons, what is one supposed to do if they already have an air conditioner that is just in need of a repair? If you believe your existing air conditioning system is worth being kept and hasn’t completely disappointed you, you can easily opt for a notable company that offers efficient air conditioner repair in Plano, TX.
Whether you want to get new air conditioners installed, or just want to get your old ones repaired, contact K&S Heating & Air today at 972-271-9319 or visit their website to get the best services at the best prices available.