Photo By Monkey Business Images at Shutterstock
Your heating and air conditioning units play an important part in making sure that your house remains comfortable all throughout the year. During the summers, your air conditioner keeps you cool. During the winter, your heating system keeps you warm. So you don’t want either of them malfunctioning. And what better way to stop them from malfunctioning than getting them serviced? If you are looking for a heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX then K&S Heating and Air is the answer for you.
Here are a few signs your heating system needs service or repair:
- Cool Air Blowing from Vents: It may be a fuel combustion problem or perhaps even a leak in the ductwork bur cool air from the vents means there is a problem.
- Increased Heating Costs: You must have a general idea about your heating costs. If you notice a spike in your bills without any reason, it may be due to your system’s inefficiency.
- Burning Odors: If you smell burning from your heater then you need to contact a heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX. It could put your safety at risk.
- Short Cycling: Is your heater running erratically? Does it only work for a while and cycle back down? If this is the case, your system is short cycling. This could be due to a dirty air filter or a faulty thermocouple. Either way, the professional you hire for heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX will take care of it.
Here are a few signs your air conditioning unit needs repair or service:
- Stale or smelly air
- Not cooling properly
- Frequent on/off cycling of the unit
- Thermostat problems
- Poor air flow
- Unusual sounds coming from the unit when it is operating
- Higher energy bills
You could also face electric control failure, sensor problems or drainage problems which would require you to get heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX.
Every year, get a furnace specialist to check out your furnace. The professional will get the unit ready for the upcoming cool weather and ensure that you don’t have to face breakdowns or expensive repairs during the winter months.
When it comes to heating repair, you might want to ensure the professional you hire for heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX follows the following process:
- Change the air filters: If you have dirty air filters, it can be the cause of a range of furnace problems. Replace or clean the filter on a monthly basis. The heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX you hire can do this for you.
- Check the thermostat: If your furnace isn’t producing any heat, check the thermostat’s battery level. Sometimes, simply by replacing the battery you can make it work.
- Check the power supply and circuit breaker: If the thermostat’s screen appears to be blank or the furnace stops working, check whether the circuit breaker blew a fuse or tripped. Also, ensure you plug in the power cord.
- Reduce drafts: If a draft is causing problems with the pilot light, you might need to close the doors or windows of the room.
- Pilot light or ignition control problems: Problems may result from faulty electrical components or clogged components, so leave ignition issues to the experts.
- Mechanical issues: You should let professionals handle such problems. Otherwise, you might accidentally make the problem bigger.
- Propane or natural gas problems: When you feel there are problems with the valve or gas feed, you should contact a professional right away.
When getting your air conditioning unit serviced, you should ensure the following:
- Take Care of the Main Blower: If the blower becomes dirty, then it will be too heavy to spin at its original speed. The heavyweight forces the compressor to work harder to maintain the room’s desired temperature which leads to an increase in energy bills. Hiring a heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX will solvethis problem. It’s better to get servicing done regularly so you don’t have to get costly replacements.
- Clean the Filters: Choked filters make the entire system to work harder leading to higher energy bills and a larger ecological footprint. The dirty filters will also decrease the flow of cold air in your room.
- Clean the Condenser Coils: The condenser coils are delicate and should not be cleaned using harsh substances. These coils are typically cleaned with high powered jets of water and blow dried afterward. All the bent fins are then straightened out with the help of a ‘fin comb.’
- Check the Entire System’s wiring: All the wires and pipes should be checked thoroughly by the heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX you hire. An exposed wire can be really dangerous and hazardous. So get the wires checked frequently for your safety.
- Cleaning Up the Whole Mess: Lastly, you should see that the service you hire does not leave a mess behind and cleans up afterward.
Finding the right heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX, is not difficult if you consider all the factors you need. You want someone reliable, affordable, efficient, and licensed. Luckily, K&S Heating and Air has it all. At K&S Heating & Air, we are committed to providing the highest quality services and products at an affordable price. Our certified professionals will ensure your system runs smoothly. Our services cover all models of air conditioners so you don’t have to worry on that front! We are available 24/7 for your convenience so you can get emergency repairs as well. To know more about heating and air conditioning service in Rockwall, TX, visit our website.