What Can I Do To Lower My Energy Bills for Heating and AC in Richardson, TX?
Photo By fizkes at Shutterstock
A quality HVAC unit means that your house will always be just the right amount of cold or hot depending on the season… right?
Umm… not necessarily!
Even the best heating and cooling systems may fail to evenly distribute the heat or cool across your space. That’s because they are but only one part of the temperature equation. The results of heating and AC in Richardson, TX also depend on how old the system is, how many people live in the house, and other issues that can have a say in indoor temperature of your home. Of course, together, these variables can also have a significant impact on your energy bills.
Do you enjoy Texas summers or would you rather have some outdoorsy fun in the winters? Either way, it takes a lot out of your HVAC system to keep your home cozy and comfortable despite the temperatures outside. This can have a significant impact on your energy costs. Here are some expert-verified, tried-and-tested tips to get the most out of your heating and AC in Richardson, TX and lower those costs.
- Check the weather seals– The stripping or the seal that goes around your doors and windows, can lose its effectiveness over time. If it has cracked away, then drafts may be coming inside your home. Turn the HVAC and fans off, walk around your home and see if you can find any drafts flowing into your home. Fix the stripping so your HVAC doesn’t have to work too hard and use more energy to keep your home comfy.
- Use your blinds– The blinds and curtains on your window can also help regulate indoor temperature. During the winters, leave the blinds open so the sunlight can warm up your home. This way you can save up significantly on heating costs. Similarly, close them during the summers so the home remains cool and comfy. This is a great way reducing the expenses incurred by heating and AC in Richardson, TX.
- Replace your filter– If clogged, your AC unit’s filter can cause significant damage to the HVAC system. It will not be able to filter the air properly. Your AC will end up using more energy and still let dust and contaminants get into the air in your home. This is a double-edged sword that will not only increase your bills but also let impure air circulate in your home. Clean and replace the filters as necessary for high quality heating and AC in Richardson, TX.
- Purchase a programmable thermostat– Now this is one handy tool to ensure that you save money on the heating and cooling bills. You can program it to reduce the temperatures when you are away or sleeping. It’s a pretty effective way of controlling the costs related to heating and AC in Richardson, TX.
- Insulate your home– It’s easy for homes to lose the heating and cooling from the attic and the basement. Have your home professionally inspected to see if it has an adequate insulation. This is especially true for the winters, because heat rises and leave your home through the attic, while the HVAC works overtime to make your home warmer. Don’t let the heat escape. Insulate.
- Don’t skip routine HVAC maintenance– If you want to ensure the health and longevity of your heating and AC in Richardson, TX, it’s important to get repair specialists to give it a thorough check up at least twice a year. This will be great for your HVAC system in the long run because they’ll be able to diagnose any impending problems, clean up the system and maintain it, leaving you with a heating and AC system that continues to work like it’s supposed to, year after year. Remember, if left unchecked even the smaller issues can lead to expensive repairs and replacements. So better safe than sorry.
- Check the ducts for leakage – Just like the window stripping, the HVAC ducts can also develop cracks and holes if they haven’t had maintenance services in a while. These leaks will make it harder for your HVAC to heat or cool your home evenly. So you may notice that some rooms are much warmer or cooler than the others. The good news is that it is relatively easy to fix leaking ducts. Contact your local HVAC installation for help with this.
- Try a zoning system – Now this is a more of a long-term project. Zoning gives you complete control over how your HVAC heats or cools different parts of your home. Take to your local HVAC Company for this and other related needs for heating and AC in Richardson, TX.
- Keep an eye on your HVAC system– If you’ve done everything mentioned above and the utility bills keep on mounting, maybe it’s just time to replace the HVAC system. Consult an expert at heating and AC in Richardson, TX to find out your options. They can professionally review the performance of the HVAC and help you decide a nice replacement that is energy efficient in the long run.
Remember: Professional HVAC tune-ups can Save You Tons of Money In The Long Run
Looking after the heating and AC in Richardson, TX can be quite difficult especially if you don’t have the right partners by your side. But many homeowners are doing it successfully, while also controlling their expenses and reducing their energy bills. It is important to have the right professional AC specialists on your side to help you do the same for your home.
Follow the guidelines detailed above and you will soon see a bona fide decrease in heating bills, and heating and AC in Richardson, TX will serve you much longer. If you are looking for reliable HVAC experts, give K&S Heating and Air a call to begin with. Contact their team at 972-271-9319 for all your heating and cooling, installation, repair and maintenance needs.