It’s summertime and it’s time to put on your summer clothes and head out for a good time! But wait, you’ll have to come back home sooner or later and what happens when you come home only to find that you live in a furnace? That’s right, it’s not something you want to live in! Home is the place you go to relax but when your air conditioner stops working suddenly, it turns your home into a literal form of hell, especially when you live in a place like Plano, TX. This is why it’s important that you maintain your air conditioning and keep it in excellent condition.
How Do You Know Your Air Conditioners Malfunctioning?
The heat of Plano, TX can get a little extreme which means it’s absolutely necessary that your air conditioner is working perfectly. You don’t want to lay in bed only to realize you’ll have to suffer the night sweats, do you. That’s why it’s important that you catch the warning signs beforehand and get an air conditioner repair in Plano, TX. Here are some signs that you could pay attention to:
Problem 1: Strange Sounds
Air conditioners are generally supposed to be quite noiseless but if it starts making strange, loud noise then you know you’re in trouble. Let’s just say that it’s your air conditioner screaming for repair! While some air conditioners make strange noises, these are normally quite low and don’t disturb you. A malfunctioning air conditioner, however, would require an air conditioner repair in Plano, TX when:
- It makes loud whistling noises that sound like tea brewing in a kettle. This usually indicates that there is an air leak from the ductwork of the air conditioner.
- Hissing sounds much like the sound emanating from a pipe that’s leaking steam. Of course, if you hear this then it means that your air conditioner is leaking gas and could cause more damages. It’s important to get a professional contractor for your air conditioner repair in Plano, TX if you identify your air conditioner as making this sound.
- Buzzing sounds which would indicate an electrical fault and this is actually quite severe. That means, if your air conditioner is rumbling like a demon, there’s a high chance of possession! Get a professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX to check wither the electrical line or the electrical circuit. In either of the situations, do not mess with the air conditioner by yourself and wait for a professional!
Apart from these, if your air conditioner is making noises that sound like it’s breaking into pieces, you need to immediately contact a professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX before the repair bills get a little too out of hand.
Problem 2: Bad Odor
If you’re sitting in a room and suddenly smell something terrible, don’t look towards the person in the room with you with such accusation but rather focus your attention to the air conditioner. Usually, malfunctioning air conditioners are the ones that blow out horrible odors and this often happens because dirt and mildew get stuck in the unit. Usually the air gets contaminated and results in terrible smell. When this happens, that’s when you know you need to call a professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX.
Problem 3: Differing Temperatures
If you feel like your air conditioner is not cooling properly or the temperature of your room keeps fluctuating, then there’s a high chance that your thermostat is broken. But that’s not the only reason, a proper technician handling your air conditioner repair in Plano, TX would be able to identify the problem and see if it’s originating from the compressor, thermostat or elsewhere.
Problem 4: Air Conditioner Works But Doesn’t Cool
If your air conditioner doesn’t cool down, then what’s the use of one? In cases like these, you need to make sure your compressor is working but low cooling can be because of a wide range of reasons. From low refrigerants to broken condenser, you need to get a professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX to get this looked at.
Problem 5: Excess Water Leakage
If you notice large puddles of water near your HVAC unit then you know it’s time to call a professional for your air conditioner repair in Plano, TX. Leaking water could be caused by a number of reasons and some of them include
- Condenser pump which is broken
- Air filters which hasn’t been cleaned out
- Seals which aren’t appropriate for your air conditioner
- The ambient air temperature is set on cool
- A blocked condensate tray
It could be any of these and more which is why you need to make sure you hire a professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX who will be able to help you through the process.
Why get a professional?
Professional air conditioner repair in Plano, TX would be better able to understand your air conditioner problem and move accordingly. With excellent knowledge, experience and gear to help you, you won’t have to worry about any more malfunctions. Doing an air conditioner repair in Plano, TX yourself is a big no-no because you can risk throwing away a large amount of your money and bills on it.
If you have trouble finding an expert for your air conditioner repair in Plano, TX then you’ve come to the right place. All you have to do is simply contact K and S Heating and Repair and trust them to handle all your HVAC concerns. They’re experts excelling at every area of heating and cooling including handling HVAC installations, air conditioner repair in Plano, TX and several other areas of expertise. With these professionals by your side, you wouldn’t have to worry at all about your HVAC system, everything’s already done for you!