When the weather is meltingly hot outside, nothing is more satisfying than walking into a home that can wick all of that sweat away. The good news is that you don’t have to stick with the old unit you have anymore. Today, an air conditioning service in Richardson, TX can recommend the best ones you can get in the market which are more energy efficient than ever before.
If you wish to upgrade or get your existing unit repaired by an air conditioning service in Richardson, TX you should update the information you have on them first.
What You Need To Know About Central Air Conditioning
The central air conditioning system if your HVAC unit is what keeps your home cool during the summer. But the actual unit that is installed on your wall or ceiling is just the tip of the iceberg. It comes with a condenser that is situated outside your home and which is designed to expel heat. An evaporator coil is usually located above the furnace and works to cool down the air in your home.
The furnace works with the air conditioning unit to blow the cooled air throughout your home via the vents. Since the unit is connected to this component, the AC benefits from the in-built filter along with any filtration equipment that comes with it. This should ensure that you get clean air in your home but if it doesn’t it may be time to call for an air conditioning service in Richardson, TX.
How It Works
The central air conditioner in your home works by using the fan in the furnace to draw warm air through the duct work. The hot air is made to go over the evaporator coil which is located just above the furnace and which cools it down.
The refrigerant that runs through the coil absorbs the heat that is removed from the air. The fluid is then pumped through the condenser that is located outside your home and where the hot air is expelled. This cools down the refrigerant which is then pumped back into the home and the process starts all over again. This is why the air conditioning service in Richardson, TX will first look at your condenser before checking anything else.
Tips To Keep the Air Conditioning Unit in Tip Top Condition
Now that you know how an air conditioning service in Richardson, TX looks at your AC unit and how it works, these tips will make more sense and help you increase the longevity of your expensive system:
- Any air conditioning service in Richardson, TX will tell you that an efficient HVAC system needs a filter to work well. This should either be located outside your home right along with the unit or in a grilled-off area in your home. Irrespective of its location the filter should be cleaned on a regular basis to prevent the coil from getting too grungy.
- If you have pets or have carpets that are not vacuumed on a regular basis, you may need to get the filter cleaned or changed frequently. You should buy a number of filters when you get your AC unit or just ask the air conditioning service in Richardson, TX to get them for you.
- Since the condenser is kept outside, it should be cleaned as regularly as possible and this includes all of the sides. Nothing should be allowed to remain clinging to it such as grass clippings, leaves, dirt or other debris. An air conditioning service in Richardson, TX will be able to clean it out using professional equipment that won’t damage the unit after turning off the power first of course.
- If you see some frost on the pipes that are attached to the unit during the summer, it means that the AC is not doing its job properly because it is frozen. To make it work again, the air conditioning service in Richardson, TX will have to thaw it first and the technicians will do that by first turning the thermostat off and then turn on the fan. This will allow warm air to flow through the frost forcing it to melt. This may take a couple of hours depending on the extent of the frost. If you try and do this yourself, you may do more harm than good. Once the AC is thawed, it may still start cooling too much and freeze again after which it needs to be thawed again. This will continue till the unit can cool your home without freezing the pipes but it should not take too long. If this goes on for days however, a dirty filter may be behind the issue. If changing it does not solve the problem either do not hesitate to call an air conditioning service in Richardson, TX.
- Do not set the thermostat below 70°no matter how hot you think your home is. The rooms will not cool down faster and the unit may even freeze up.
- If an external pipe or the pipe right about your tub springs a leak, chances are that there is a problem with the main condensate drain. This can direct the water to the emergency drain system which is usually located in an area that can be easily spotted. If you see water dripping from those pipes, call in a service immediately.
- There should not be anything directly above the outdoor condenser such as a shade. The air that it expels is hot and it needs to blow away without hindrance and without overheating the unit.
If your air conditioning unit has seen better days and needs to be replaced or repaired, call for K&S Heating and Air. Their employees have over 100+ years of collective experience in the business and can tackle any issue you are facing. Call them for a consultation or appointment today or call them urgently for an emergency. They are available 24 hours a day and all 7 days of the week.