Photo By LightField Studios at istock
As you might expect the climate in Dallas, TX. is characterized by very hot, humid summers. Temperatures can often rise above 90 degrees, and can sometimes reach 100 degrees or more, so dehydration, heat exhaustion, and heatstroke are not unusual. These conditions can be fatal for the young, the elderly, and those with underlying health problems. It’s important to keep everyone cool and safe, and having a dependable air conditioning service is vital for both homes and businesses.
Looking for the best company for an air conditioning service in the Dallas area can be time-consuming. There are so many to choose from, if your AC unit has broken down, you want someone quickly, you have not got time to go through them all. Pick the company with the highest customer ratings. Pick K&S Heating & Air.
At K&S we provide the highest quality services and products at prices you can afford. We always have somebody available 24/7 and will arrive at your home as quickly as possible.
What Are the Benefits of a Regular Air Conditioning Service?
There are several advantages to having an air conditioning service.
- Your unit will run more efficiently.
- It will cost less to run.
- You will reduce the chance of a major breakdown and costly repair.
- Your unit will produce cleaner and cooler air.
- A more efficient unit will suffer less wear and tear and will have a longer working life.
K&S suggests that you have your service done during quieter periods such as spring. This will ensure that it is running smoothly before you really need it in the summer. You are also more likely to schedule an air conditioning service at a time that is convenient for you.
What Is Involved in an Air Conditioning Service?
An annual air conditioning service should include the following tasks:
- Clean the evaporator coils – dirt accumulates on the coil; this reduces the transfer of heat between the warm air and the coolant that flows through the coil.
- Cleaning the condensing unit and cooling fins – being out in the open, these will also accumulate dirt and grime. Moss and weeds can also grow and need to be removed. The dirt acts as an insulator reducing the transfer of heat from the hot gas within the conductor to the outside air.
- Tighten all electrical terminals – a loose connection can cause a short and stop the AC unit.
- Change the air filters – if the air filters are dirty, they need changing. A dirty filter will reduce the airflow over the evaporator coils. This could cause the coil to freeze.
- Clean the air grills – If these are dirty, they will also reduce the airflow over the evaporator coils.
- Check the coolant level – any leak will reduce the coolant level. This needs to be repaired and the level topped up. Less coolant will mean less cool air and an increased chance that the evaporator coils with freeze.
- Check the fans and oil the fan motors – when the fans are working efficiently there is enough airflow over the evaporator coil and condenser. Reduce the airflow and you run the risk of the evaporator coil freezing or the condenser burning out.
- Check the fan belts are all tight – a badly adjusted belt will reduce the airflow from the fan. If you hear a screeching sound it probably means you have a worn-out fan belt. If you hear any strange noises coming from your unit this is a bad sign, and you need to call K&S for an air conditioning service in Dallas, TX.
- Check if the ductwork is damaged and dirty – it has been estimated that up to 30 percent of the energy used by an AC unit can be wasted by cold air leaking through damaged ductworks. Dirt, dust, and pollen can build up in the ducts and may make their way back into your home. Cleaning the ducts will improve your air quality.
- Check the thermostats and sensors – a badly positioned thermostat can trick the AC unit into believing a room is colder or hotter than it is. Thermostats need recalibrating for the same reason.
- Check and test condensate tray and AC drains– the moisture from the humid air must be collected somewhere. It is collected in the condensate drain pan and flows outside via a drain line. It is worth checking the drain line occasionally as mold and mildew can grow and cause the line to block. A blocked drain line will cause the AC unit to stop working.
There are many other checks done mainly to see whether the system is operating according to the manufacturer’s specifications. Some of these jobs you can do yourself, but if you do not feel confident enough to do this, then leave it to the experts at K&S.
The Age of Your Air Conditioner
Even the best-maintained air conditioners will not last forever, normally they need to be replaced every 10 to 15 years. A new model will have a large up-front cost but will save you money in the term as it will be more energy-efficient. Older air conditioners used a one size fits all approach to room conditioning, with every room treated the same. Modern systems are better for zonal control, allowing you to deliver different conditioning for each room better reflecting the needs of you and your family.
K&S Heating & Air a Trusted Air Conditioning Company
Having a regular air conditioning service will cut down the number of repairs that you need to pay for. An AC service from one of our highly trained technicians will give you peace of mind during the long hot Texas summers.
Your family’s safety is our primary concern, should your system break down, you can be confident that somebody will answer your call day or night. We promise to be at your home ASAP. We will not leave until the job is safely done and you are completely satisfied. Why do people use K&S Heating & Air? Because we are Honest, Reliable, and Trusted.